For this assignment I stretched the guidelines to work with my radio show project. Guidelines were to use 4 sounds to create a movie and I used Dirty Dancing as my movie of choice. I did use recordings of words to go along with my movie as well as music. This assignment was worth 4 stars.
I first made an Audacity for my movie of sounds by recording different pieces and editing them to sound different but still recognizable. After that, I saved the file as a MP3 to open in a new Audacity project where I recorded my voice reading a script I created to introduce the movie clip. I found some elevator music to start and transition between my voice and the movie sounds from freesound.org. After I did some editing to my voice I was finally happy to save the file as another MP3 to upload to soundcloud for this assignment.
I am proud of this assignment and really feel like I’m getting the hang of Audacity it did not take me as long as I thought because I knew what I wanted to do with the sounds and knew how to do it. The most time consuming part was the final editing making sure I was happy with the project before I exported it to soundcloud. I am happy with how it turned out and I plan on using this clip as well to help my group with our Radio Project next week. I am not sure why I keep picking musical’s from the 80’s I just really like them and the music is always so catchy!