Commercial Redo for the 80’s

I took a commercial I created for the 80’s theme and redid it while adding some background music to keep the listeners attention. I don’t think I had the time in the audio week to put as much effort into the projects as I wanted or thought it needed. This week instead I went back to it and changed it up. I added some Beauty and the Beast intro just because I like the notes and then went searching for free music royalty free and found one sound that I liked from https://www.bensound.com that allowed me to use their music as long as I gave them credit for it. I was able to mix two background tracks with my commercial and adding some Little Mermaid to the beginning. The audio weeks really showed me how much I enjoy Disney songs.

This time I am really happy with how the commercial came out and proud of the work I put into it. I learned a lot more redoing the assignment than I than I thought I would. I was able to explore audacity more and enjoy the different effects it has to offer.

I think the process of redoing previous assignments is great! It gives me the opportunity to change things that I learned since then and accept that all my work is never going to be perfect which is okay. The opportunity to fix issues or redo things that could have gone better allows me to really think about how to make them better and what the major issues were.

Disney Revisted

I decided to redo my Disney mash up because I rushed the last one and edited the sound to much to where I could no longer tell what the song was supposed to be. I wanted to re-visit it and do better this time to where the words flow more and it sounds better. I reworked the songs I picked and choose 2 that did not follow the 80’s theme I was going for last time because the songs worked to well to leave out. I mainly played with inserting parts of different songs to the one track and changing pitch in most of the song so it sounds different.

I enjoy this out come more than the first time because I did not go as crazy editing the sounds and left some of them natural so it sounds more like it should be together and less choppy.

These songs I picked were:

  • Kiss the Girl from Little Mermaid
  • Under the Sea from Little Mermaid
  • Popeye the Sailor theme song
  • They’re the best of friends from Fox and Hound
  • I can’t wait to be kind from Lion King
  • Tale as Old as Time from Beauty and the Beast

I really had even more fun playing with these sounds and making a story out of them. I think I made a really cute love story about 2 friends through the different words and song. I think being able to do the assignment again let me really sit there and deliberately place the songs where I wanted them not just where they fit the fastest. I enjoyed getting to redo this assignment and play around with audio but not having to worry about any theme other than what I wanted the theme to be.