Week 15/ Final Project

I am ending this semester after a lot of late nights and lots of work on this project as well as others. I am excited to be nearing the end, while I learned so much, I was not prepared for the work load that came with this class. I thought this class was going to go smoothly and pretty easily. I was so wrong! While this class has gone smoothly, it took more work than any of my upper level courses I have yet to take at UMW.

I am very proud of my final project and how it turned out.

This video took lots of work and I used 3 components of the semester. I used remix, audio, and video. I enjoyed getting to film the raw footage of the video as well as editing the footage later. I also included an audio back layer and in parts the main audio from audacity that I connected with the movie and finally took the original version of something and changed it up with pieces of my version of the movie. I was able to edit the video footage as well as inserting pictures of my characters and movies from the original movie. I enjoyed getting to edit the video footage. The audio was a different story, it was a nightmare! I first had all the songs on my computer downloaded then went through the movie adding the music in audacity to match the times of the video. That sounds like it just takes time, no it took everything in me not to scream a few times because my music would be off a few seconds or part of a second from the video which was incredibly frustrating. After about 5 hours of just playing around with the audio I was able to export it and put it into my movie. Then came the hard part of watching the movie enough to make sure the music lined up. I did multiple changes each time I exported the audio and it never sounded just perfect enough. I finally came to a spot I liked and saved the movie and the audio fit better than ever before. I don’t know what changed but when it was finalized the video had the correct audio. I finally remixed the original video with my version of the video which was fun to do but again a lot of work. I was finally able to get the scenes I wanted and able to make them flow with free music. I overall enjoyed this project and it taught me a lot of making videos and the time and work that goes into them.

I am happy with this project and the work I put in with Windows Movie Maker (photos), audacity and remixing in photos. I look forward to more movies I direct and edit in the future.