This was by far my favorite assignment yet, no matter how long it takes to complete and use audacity I am really enjoying playing around with song editing. This assignment was to make my own song using other lyrics and I kept a country rock theme mixed with the 80’s for 4.5 stars. I was able to use a bunch of songs I knew and mashed them together to create a new song with an 80’s to today twist which was fun. I kept a love theme going in my songs overall and the love of people through out their life. I first uploaded it to soundcloud and a segment was taken down so I went back in and edited the segment to sound different and sped it up a little while changing the pitch far but still able to understand the original. The second time I uploaded it, it went up without a problem which was a relief. I downloaded all the songs from youtube then listened to them editing the segments I wanted while thinking where each song would fit the best in the new song I was creating.
The songs I used are listed in the order they appear in the song:
- Song of the South by Alabama (1989)
- The Ones that Like Me by Brantley Gilbert (2017)
- You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi (1986)
- Forever and Ever, Amen by Randy Travis (1987)
- Check Yes or No by George Straight (1995)
- I Got a Car by George Straight (2013)
- Tried to Tell You by Brantley Gilbert (2017)
- Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi (1986)
- Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen (1984)
I tried to incorporate the theme into the music release years and mix them with newer music that I still like. I think I did a really good job on this and it turned out exactly how I wanted it to. The only thing I would change is the amount of time I could devote to it because I used about 3 hours but if I had more time it could sound even better than it does.